Home > Article
VOL. 37 | NO. 47 | Friday, November 22, 2013
Battle of Franklin Anniversary. The annual Battle of Franklin Illumination Ceremony, this year marking the 149th anniversary, will take place Saturday at 4:30 p.m. at Carnton Plantation. The ceremony is open and free to the public. Some 10,000 luminaries will be on display to commemorate the approximately 10,000 casualties inflicted during the battle. Information: firstname.lastname@example.org, 794-0903,
MONDAY, DEC. 2
Real Estate Investors Network
Rutherford County Subgroup: Topics of general interest to real estate investors. 6:30-8 p.m., Keller Williams Building, 450 St. Andrews Drive, Murfreesboro. Additional December opportunities include:
- Tuesday, Dec. 3: REIN Lunch Network – Small group meets for lunch with other investors to share ideas. Meets first and third Tuesdays of each month, 11:15 a.m., at Dalt’s Classic America Grill, 38 White Bridge Road, Nashville.
- Monday Dec. 9: REIN General Meeting – Breakout and general meeting sessions on various real estate-related topics of interest to real estate investors. 5:30-8 p.m., Martin Professional Development Center, 2400 Fairfax Avenue, Nashville.
- Thursday, Dec. 12: REIN Wholesaling Subgroup – Networking and net-worthing subgroup of wholesalers, cash buyers and deal-maker wannabes. 6 p.m., REIN Education Center, 2416 Music Valley Drive, Ste 151, Nashville.
- Monday, Dec. 16: REIN Landlording Subgroup – Come learn and network with other landlords. 6 p.m., REIN Education Center, 2416 Music Valley Drive, Ste 151, Nashville.
- Tuesday, Dec. 17: REIN Lunch Network – Small group meets for lunch with other investors to share ideas. Meets first and third Tuesdays of each month, 11:15 a.m., at Dalt’s Classic America Grill, 38 White Bridge Road, Nashville.
TUESDAY, DEC. 3
Tennessee Small Business Development Center and Volunteer State Community College Workshops
Quickbooks Introduction for Small Business, 9 a.m.-Noon. Registration is required: www.tsbdc.org. Course Fee $25. 1480 Nashville Pike, Gallatin, in the Betty Gibson Hall, VSCC. Additional opportunities include:
- Tuesday, Dec. 3: Starting Your Own Business/Business Plan 1. 3-6 p.m. Free. Reservations are required: www.tsbdc.org, 898-2745. Location: TSBDC at MTSU, Rutherford County Chamber of Commerce, Murfreesboro.
- Tuesday, Dec. 10: Starting a Small Business. 4-6 p.m. Free. Location: TSBDC at Volunteer State Community College, Betty Gibson Hall, Gallatin.
THURSDAY, DEC. 5
Women in Business Holiday Party
Join Women in Business for a holiday event featuring special entertainment, guest speakers and marketplace shopping. Shopping: 10:30-11:30 a.m. Luncheon & Program: 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Chamber Members: $30, guests $40. Embassy Suites, 820 Crescent Centre Drive, Franklin, Information: email@example.com.
Third Annual Tennessee Local Food Summit
This year’s event will highlight the impacts of local food on our health, our environment and our spirituality. In addition to a full-day of educational workshops and networking at Nashville’s Trevecca Nazarene University, 333 Murfreesboro Pike, chefs from many of Nashville’s best restaurants (Husk, Perl Catering, Yeast Nashville, City House, Juice Brothers) will contribute locally grown organic dishes for Friday and Saturday meals. Friday evening reception at Sloco, 2905 12th Ave. So., 6-9 p.m. The evening will feature locally sourced hors d’oeuvres and selected speakers from Saturday’s program. Saturday’s workshops, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., will focus on backyard gardening, urban homesteading, permaculture and the effects of local food on health, the environment, spirituality and social justice issues. Included in the weekend and day fee will be dinner and music at Corsair’s Distillery. In addition to the Saturday workshops, there will be a noon Sunday tour of Delvin Farms. The tour is free and open to the public. Fee for the entire weekend is $100. Information: tnlocalfood.com.
Carter House Candlelight Tour
The 41st annual Carter House Candlelight Tour, sponsored by Vanderbilt University Medical Center and Williamson Medical Center, showcases homes in historic Franklin. 6-9:30 p.m. Tour houses include:
- The Carter House, 1140 Columbia Avenue
- Carnton Plantation, 1345 Eastern Flank Circle
- The Lotz House, 1111 Columbia Avenue (Friday night only)
- The Woodruff House, 713 Glass Lane
- The Schroer House, 512 Boyd Mill Avenue
- The Johnson-Cheney House, 436 Boyd Mill Avenue
- The Langfitt House, 432 Boyd Mill Avenue
- The Akin-Rogers House, 431 Boyd Mill Avenue
- The Coleman-Duncan House, 435 Boyd Mill Avenue
Ticket prices are $25 in advance or $30 starting Dec. 6. Tickets may be purchased online at www.battleoffranklintrust.org or at The Carter House or Carnton Plantation.
SATURDAY, DEC. 7
Oaklands Christmas Candlelight Tour Of Homes
The tour, sponsored by Oaklands Association and MidSouth Bank, will feature historic private homes along East Main Street, churches and the Oaklands Mansion, the cornerstone of the tour. Historical interpreters in period attire will guide guests through the history of the mansion. 4-8 p.m. Admission: $10. Information: www.oaklandsmuseum.org, 893-0022