Home > Article
VOL. 38 | NO. 10 | Friday, March 7, 2014
Real Estate Investors Network Real Estate Investors Network. Wholesaling Subgroup. Network with wholesalers and buyers of single-family and multi-family real estate. Topics include: deal pitches, deal analysis, deal-finding and marketing tips and tricks, measuring progress, where to get money to fund deals, contract clauses, and more to help you do better deals. Thursday, 6 p.m., Rein Education Center, 4525 Harding, STE 200, Nashville. Information: reintn.org. Additional opportunities:
- Saturday, March 15: Finding Private Money with Alan Cowgill. Cowgill provides information needed to get the money for deals. 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Monday, March 17: Landlording Subgroup. Join other REIN members to share ideas and discuss the many areas of landlording and renting property. Tips and tricks, contracts, and policies to run your business better. 6:30 p.m.
- Monday, March 17: REIN Lunch Network. Join active and experienced real estate investors 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month. Meet in a small group and enjoy lunch together with like-minded investors. Share your deals you’d like to sell / buy. Present deals you know about that would interest investors. Discuss trends and hot real estate topics of interest to the experienced and active real estate group members. 11:15 a.m., Dalt’s American Grill, 38 White Bridge Road, Nashville.
- Thursday, March 20: Williamson County Lunch Group. Rehabbers, Builders, Commercial, Mini-storage, Wholesalers, Private Lenders, Transaction Funders, Hard-Money Lenders, Bankers, Title Attorneys, Realtors, and Vendors discuss deals, the state of the market, and how they can help each other prosper. 11:15 a.m., Bosco’s Restaurant & Brewery, 2000 Meridian Blvd, Ste 110, Franklin.
- Thursday, March 27: Ca$h Flow & Millionaire Maker Games. Learn financial strategies without having to invest any of your own cash. These games are fun and educational ways to learn about wealth creation, managing assets and liabilities and escaping from the “rat race.” 6 p.m., REIN Education Center, 2416 Music Valley Drive, Ste 151, Nashville.
THURSDAY, MARCH 13
Powerful You! Women’s Network
The organization will hold its first Murfreesboro meeting, targeting women from all walks of life who are seeking connections with other women for business and personal growth. Powerful You! meetings provide time for networking, personal promotions (aka 30-second commercials), a speaker presentation, the sharing of business and personal growth strategies and a gratitude share. Meetings will be held on the second Thursday of each month, 6-7:30 p.m., Shoney’s, 1950 S. Church Street, Murfreesboro. Information: 587-7239, www.PowerfulYou.com.
People’s Law School
A free program that provides an overview of common civil legal issues. Taught by Legal Aid Society attorneys and volunteer attorneys, the weekly, one-hour classes are 6 to 7 p.m. on Thursdays at Wright Middle School, 180 McCall St., and at Cohn Learning Center, 4805 Park Ave. Registration information: 298-8050, www.nashville.gov/Nashville-Community-Edcuation.aspx.
- March 13: Paying for a Nursing Home or Home Care with Medicaid: See description above. (Cohn)
- March 13: Basics of Consumer Bankruptcy: See description above. (Wright)
- March 20: Basics of U.S. Immigration: This course will provide an introduction to the terms and concepts of U.S. immigration law, ways that people immigrate to the U.S., new changes in immigration law and how to avoid potential scams. (Wright)
- March 27: Basics of U.S. Immigration: See description above. (Cohn)
- March 27: How Power of Attorney and Conservatorship Work: Want to name someone to make your decisions when you can no longer make them? Have a loved one who already cannot make decisions for themselves? (Wright)
- April 3: How Power of Attorney and Conservatorship Work: (Cohn)
SATURDAY, MARCH 15
Middle TN Genealogical Society
Joe Spann, a member of the Sons of the American Revolution, and director of Polk County Historical and Genealogical Library in Bartow, Fla., for 21 years, will speak on “Albion’s Seed: A Deeper Understanding of our English Colonial Ancestors.” 1-3 p.m., FiftyForward Knowles, Patricia Hart building, 174 Rains Ave.
Middle Tennessee Home Show
Presented by Hendersonville Area Chamber of Commerce at Hendersonville EXPO Center, the show will feature home-improvement companies, including home builders, landscape artists, roofing, windows, doors, painters, pool and spa specialists, granite and tile, kitchen remodelers, flooring professionals and more. March 15: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. March 16: Noon-4 p.m. Tickets: $5. 90 Volunteer Drive, Hendersonville. Information: hendersonvillechamber.com/News_and_Events/Mid_TN_Home_Show